A father and his teenage daughter died when a fireplace broke out in a Bronx condominium on Sunday afternoon, officers mentioned.
The blaze began simply after midday within the fourth-floor condominium of a Throggs Neck Housing Authority development on Dewey Street, an FDNY spokeswoman mentioned.
The 62-year-old guy and his 13-year-old daughter, who weren’t right away known, had been discovered within the condominium, police mentioned. They had been rushed to a space clinic in important situation, however didn’t continue to exist.
Firefighters battled the blaze for roughly an hour ahead of bringing it below keep an eye on at about 1 p.m., the spokeswoman mentioned. A complete of 12 FDNY gadgets replied.
The reason for the fireplace used to be now not right away transparent.